"Hah! Foolish girl!" - Impostor Gregorov
Impostor Gregorov (whose real name is unknown) was an imposter hired by Mara Aramov to lure Lian Xing into giving the data discs, the plan hits a speed bump as Lian wants to meet at a public place. Nonetheless, the Impostor Gregorov agrees to meet with her.
"Agh!" - Impostor Gregorov
An impostor is hired by Mara Aramov to lure Lian Xing into giving the data discs. The plan hits a speed bump as Lian wants to meet at a public place, nontheless the Imposter Gregorov agrees to her offer. The Imposter then heads to Club 32, a night club in Moscow. Mara starts shooting with a legion of bodyguards, and the impostor flees through the streets of Moscow.
Lian gives chase to the imposter, perplexed why he's running from her. She tries to talk him down but he ignores her pleas. The impostor eventually meets again with Mara outside Volkov park. She instructs the imposter to get into the car with her, as she believes the plan is a failure and the impostor knows too much. In fear, the Imposter refuses flees with Lian right behind him, suspicious of Mara (who amazingly refuses to follow them), then follows the Impostor into Volkov park.
In Volkov park, the impostor contiunes his flight while actively trying to shoot Lian. He eventually reaches the dead end of the park. Cornered, he decides to stop running and confront Lian. Lian, desperate to make sense of her ally, shoots out the lights of the park obscuring the Imposter's view and then Tasers him, knocking him unconcious. She then discovers he was a fake all along and prepares to leave. SVR officers under the real Uri Gregorov's command confront her and order her to come with them to their headquarters. Lian, desperate not to get in trouble, tells them the Imposter was not who they thought he was. The leading officer responds with: "Yes, we know..." and walks away leaving Lian confused.
The Impostor is last seen strapped to a chair being interrogated by the SVR officers, he reveals the location of the real Uri Gregorov to be Aljir prison. It is unknown what happens to him after this.
"Stop hiding, and face me!" - Impostor Gregorov
When the player has to face Impostor Gregorov in Volkov park, they should remember they cannot kill him due to mission parameters. Instead the player should use the Taser.
The player cannot outright walk towards him and taser him immidiately at he takes crack shot headshots at the player. Instead the player should focus on breaking all the lights in the park, while carefully avoiding his sight by hiding behind trees and the monument located in the middle of the park.
Once the all the lights have been destroyed, the player will then see through a nightvision perspective, this means that Impostor Gregorov cannot make straight headshots, but instead he will try 'find' the player in order to do so. The player should then wait behind a tree and once he comes to try and find you circle round him and taser him. It is also possible to stealthily approach him while crouching.
Alternatively the player can taser him with the lights on, however this is considered extremely difficult.
Quote During Battle
- "Where are you?!"
- "Damn you!" - when all the lights are shot out.
- Impostor Grogorov seems to have a big resemblance in voice with the real Uri Gregorov; this is understandable, as he has the same voice actor as the real Gregorov.
- Impostor Gregorov is the only enemy to have only 1 quote during battle.
- Despite being an imposter, Impostor Gregorov has a huge resemblance to the real Uri Gregorov. This is later explained in The Omega Strain where Ahmed Salim Fadhil's files found in Yemen revealed that Imposter Gregorov had plastic surgery done to resemble the real Gregorov.
- Impostor Gregorov shares his voice actor, who is J.S Gilbert, with Uri Gregorov of the same game.
- Oddly enough, the player cannot defeat Impostor Gregorov with the Tear Gas Launcher. Despite him wearing no visible breathing equipment, it may be possible he is holding his breath, but the real reason goes unexplained.
- The trick to his boss fight is hinted at in the previous level, when Imposter Gregorov shoots out the lights in a section of the park in a bid to escape.