The jump glitch is a glitch in Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain which allows a single player to complete particular online objectives without a teammate using a super-jump.
Face the object you wish to traverse, roll and hit the X button as your character's back hits the ground. This may require a few tries to finally work and as such it will make certain objectives much more difficult.
- Equip a back or auxiliary weapon
- Activate the flashlight
- Roll with the circle button
- Hit the circle button again
- Press the X button when the torchlight is in the ground
- This will cause your character to jump if done correctly
Objectives for which this glitch works
Carthage, Michigan: Quarantine Zone
- Retrieve Broussard's laptop
Sana'a, Yemen: Taherir Palace
- Destroy SCUD missile mechanism
Taguang, Myanmar: Irawaddy Basin
- Recover black box flight recorder
Kiev, Ukraine: Chechen Terrorist Base
- Stop missile from launching
- In Carthage, Michigan: Quarantine Zone, the player can use the same technique to recover C4 charges from a building that is usually only accessible online. These explosives can be used to blow open a gate leading to Andre Proust.
- In North Atlantic: Lorelei Salvage Rig, the player can also use this to access Mujari's location from the topside deck and this allows one to access a 10,000 point flak jacket.
- In Tokyo, Japan: Murukawa Tower, it may be possible to bypass the security level even when the alarm is triggered using this glitch.
- It is impossible to complete the team objective in Mazyr, Belarus: Belaya Vezha with this method because of the time limit.
- Completing Yemen 2 while attempting to tackle this objective is rather tricky. Because Zohar's death will fail the mission, significant practice is required to destroy the SCUD missile.
- In Kiev, Ukraine: Chechen Terrorist Base, completing the team objective is extremely difficult but possible.
A walkthrough for the method can be found here.