|M-16 Assault Rifle|
IIII (in Syphon Filter)
III (in Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain)
II (in Syphon Filter)
V (in Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain)
30 (in Syphon Filter)
24 (in Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain)
180 (in Syphon Filter)
72 (in Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain without ammunition bonus)
96 (in Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain with ammunition bonus)
The M-16 is a staple weapon in the Syphon Filter series in general. It is one of the more favored guns among the CBDC, Black Baton and The Agency, often found on the field wielded by many soldiers. Overall it is a dependable weapon with a great magazine size that means it can take down multiple soldiers before running out. The ammo is also plentiful and easy to find due to many opponents using the same weapon.
This weapon is lightweight, accurate, and has very low recoil. The preeminent assault rifle in the world, it was developed by the US Army in 1965, and has since become a mainstay for armed forces, police, and personal defense enthusiasts.
-Description from Syphon Filter
This is a greatly improved model over its predecessor, although it still has a high failure rate when used in extreme environmental conditions. It is controllable and accurate during semi auto fire and has been the main infantry weapon of the US and other countries for several decades. Comparisons are often made between the M16 and the Russian AK-47. While the AK has better stopping power and functions reliably in extreme environments, it cannot stand up to the M16's precision accuracy at long ranges.
-Description from Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain
- Accurate (unlike the AK-47)
- Linear and little recoil
- Useful in a variety of combat engagements
- Cannot stand up to extreme environments
- Inferior to specialist weapons in terms of effective distances
- Less damage than the AK-47
- The M-16 is commonly compared to the Russian AK-47, which is more reliable in extreme environments, but the former retains a high hit rate at long ranges.
- During the Gulf War, several US soldiers traded out their M-16's for enemy AK-47's due to the latter's feature of not jamming from sand. It was also very intimidating for the enemy to hear their own weapon being fired at themselves, and furthermore, ammunition was in great supply.
- The only game in which it cannot be used is Logan's Shadow, where it can be seen but cannot be picked up.