For the similarly named mission in Syphon Filter 3, see S.S. Lorelei (mission).
For the similarly named multiplayer map in Syphon Filter 3, see S.S. Lorelei (map).
For the similarly named vessel in Syphon Filter 3 and Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain, see SS Lorelei.
For the location, see North Atlantic ocean.
North Atlantic: Lorelei Salvage Rig is the eleventh mission in Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain. Following from Gabe Logan and Maggie Powers' previous attempt to scuttle the Lorelei and thus stop it from transporting shipments of the virus to its destination, the player works with Mujari to destroy the remaining traces of Syphon Filter by planting nuclear devices on the foundation of the structure and then evacuating the entire compound.
- "Cobra" (playable)
- Lawrence Mujari
- Nikolai Jandran (K.I.A.)
- William Crusher (heard on radio, K.I.A.)
- Mara Aramov (seen in cutscene)
- Mihai Niculescu (seen in cutscene)
- Mikhail Ivankov (mentioned in cutscene)
- Alima Haddad (mentioned in cutscene)
Needs to be added
Despite this mission's seemingly lengthy par time, most of it is really spent sneaking around in stealth. It does have a massive amount of area, but if you take the time to learn locations of objectives, it shouldn't be that difficult to complete.
Likely: Moderate: Best:
AU300 Mod-SMG* C8 Rifle* C8 Rifle*
Jerico-41 Jerico-41 Desert Express .50
MDS-7 Air pistol Air pistol
Smoke grenade DormaGen gas DormaGen gas
Stun Jack Stun Jack Stun Jack
1) In this first area, pop off the nearby guard around the corner of the box with your best guns. Hit the elevator switch, get in and ride it all the way down to Level 6.
(You can also sneak past the guard...)
2) Sneak out the elevator, turn left, and throw a gas grenade at the workers talking (aim for the one you can see, and DO IT FAST!).
3) Nearby them, under the stairs on the right, is a hole in the ground with a ladder. Take this down and grab the NVG.
4) Turn left and follow this corridor. At the end, go up the ladder. Run around here and stun jack the worker, if you wish. (*) Eventually this worker, and the other one on your radar, will "disappear".
5) Keep heading down this way. You'll have to roll under some boxes. Eventually you will see 2 ladders on your left, near a bunch of crates.
6) Take one of the ladders up. You're now at level 5. Immediately ahead is some idiot checking the computers - sneak up behind him and stun jack him, or use your neck break. (*) A loud weapon won't ruin your stealth, but it will cause a flood of guards to show up. And they will try to go for the alarm (but you can gun them down)
7) Grab the access codes from the computer. Turn left (facing the computer) and then follow this path to the end. Don't go left/right, just get on one of the ladders in front of you (one to the left, one to the right)
8) Go down the ladder and stun jack the worker before he gets to the alarm. Run down the path until you get another worker on your radar. Knock him out.
9) Now you've got a ways to run before going back up to get by the next set of access codes. Pass by the first ladder you see.
10) Head in the area next to a grate that's been removed. Turn right by the chained-off path and into a dark tunnel (cue the NVG)
11) Follow this path through a tunnel, come out, turn off NVG and go for that worker ahead. Keep following and take out the next worker.
12) Go up the next ladder you see. You'll be facing the next computer, and a guard who is working on it. Take him out with a lethal attack.
13) Run through this hallway, past the computer to the other end. Turn left out of the hallway and run until you find the elevator door ("security door"). Open it.
14) Now head back, get the computer codes and go up the ladders near the computer. Head to the left, and just around the corner is a vent on your left. > Objective Complete: Obtain access codes on level 5
15) Roll into the vent before being seen by the guards, and turn on your NVG. Go through the vent and stun jack the worker on the other end.
16) Head for that large open area and open the other elevator door here. Now run around until you see 2 ladders near a green window.
17) Take a ladder up to level 3. This area is pretty barren, save for a central room with 2 workers. Take them out with DormaGen aimed just right in between the 2.
(You could also ignore them, since there are no alarms here whatsoever...plus, there's an ACR near the two)
18) Find the ladder to level 2 at the end of another long "green hallway" and climb up. Level 2 only has a few workers.
19) After the 2 workers nearby finish talking, take out the one that patrols by hiding behind the crates.
20) Look for the other 2 and take them out as necessary, while searching for the worker clothing. Now things get a bit easier. (*) (You should be at about the 8:00 mark.)
21) To get to the worker clothing, just follow the path past the crates you hid by, then turn right into the large open area. Turn right and head for the large shelves. > Objective Complete: Locate salvage personnel uniform on level 2
22) Near the worker clothing is the level 2 elevator. Open the security door for it and also press the button to call the elevator down.
23) While waiting, check the nearby corner of this room (facing the elevator, turn right). There's a panel that says "open door" nearby.
24) Activate it and go inside. Take the ladders up and get the original virus sample in the lab - it's at a computer on the opposite side of where you climb up. > Objective Complete: Collect original virus sample
25) Go back down and get on the elevator (it should be there by now). Hit the switch and go down to level 12. Go right and you will trigger an "accident" here that sends everyone in panic mode (except the guards!?!?). > Objective Complete: Infiltrate lower levels
26) Back in the elevator, go to Level 4. Deja vu, huh? This area should be familiar.
27) Just go up the stairs out of the large area, turn right and head for the panel that says "open door". Open the door, go inside, and shut off the pumps. > Objective Complete: Activate emergency pump system within 3 minutes
28) Go back to the elevator and head to level 5. On level 5 are 4 workers, in pairs of 2, each pair in different rooms across from each other. (*) Keep in mind this level is a mirror of itself.
29) Run left until you have to open the "security door". Grab a worker and then carry him out. The "safe zone" is nearby, in the area with the computers.
30) You will first go left out of the security door, then make a right by the "waterfall". (*) You don't have to do anything more than step on the grated floor and drop them for this to count. (*) You will get a message if you successfully dropped them in the safe zone.
31) Get the other worker and repeat. From this computer room, go to the other end of the hallway and turn left at the "waterfall".
32) Run a ways to reach the next security door. Repeat as before, going left out of the security door to get to the safe zone. (*) You should be at about the 15:00 mark > Objective Complete: Rescue level 5 salvage personnel
33) Time to find the elevator again.Take the elevator back to level 2 and meet up with Mujari. Follow the text label, basically making a right after you get out of the "central area".
34) Open the security door to let him out. Stealth is finally over! Head back to the elevator and down to floor 12. > Objective Complete: Open level 2 security door for Mujari
35) Follow Mujari and open the door near him when he stops. Follow him to the ladder down to level 13. > Objective Complete: Infiltrate restricted level 13
36) Now you defend Mujari for a little bit - bring out that rifle. Zoom in down the hallway and start taking out guys fast - they do some heavy damage. > Objective Complete: Provide covering fire for Mujari
37) After Mujari opens the door, head straight to the one side of the bay to find the computer. Press the switch to disable the sub. > Objective Complete: Locate launch override switch on level 13
(You can alternately ignore the minisub and let Mujari handle it - he will automatically stop it if you don't)
38) Take the stairs near the computer going up and turn right IMMEDIATELY after reaching the top. Follow this path kill the guards, and give Jandran the vaccine. > Objective Complete: Administer medication to Dr. Jandran
39) Get back to the docking bay - on the opposite side of the bay is a path to some ladders going down. Slide down the ladder (not too fast!) and jump off as you get close to Level 14. (*) You should be at about the 20:00 mark.
40) Open the door. Follow the path, down the stairs, off to the left. Kill any guards on the way as you run through.
41) When you come to a security door, open it. Inside the security door is where you plant your first nuke.
42) After planting the nuke, you have to kill a handful of guards. Run back out to this area and run around to the next security door. Repeat the same procedure as before to plant the next nuke.
43) Back in this "central" area (from which both nuke rooms were connected), find a ladder against the wall (not the original one you took)
44) Slide down to Level 15. You'll be by some more security doors (it's the same layout as the previous level!)
45) Just like before, plant and defend the nukes at both doors. Back out in this "central" area, look for the LONG, DARK hallway. > Objective Complete: Plant four nukes on the lower levels
46) Take it to the stairs again, go to the ladder and take it all the way up back to Level 13. Fend off the guards that appear here for a few minutes. > Objective Complete: Eliminate threat on level 13 > Objective Complete: Rendezvous at the level 13 mini-sub docking bay
47) There is plenty of ammo and flak jacket in the crates, so you shouldn't die
- The easiest way to defend the place is to stand at the top of the ramp, by the hallway.
- From this vantage point you can shoot the guards from all 3 spawn points
- The three spawn points are:
- Down the hallway
- Near Mujari (the guy literally drops down in front of him)
- Near the crates on the other side of the bay opposite Mujari.
General strategies and tactics
- Free Mujari on level 2 immediately after the upper deck is destroyed so you can save some time, instead of leaving him trapped behind the doorway and needing to waste a few seconds coming all the way up from level 5.
- In the same way, go straight for Jandran and give him the injection while Mujari goes for the minisub (he does it automatically if you don't go there).
- Go down to level 15 first and then go to 14 next, since you need to traverse to the former anyway.
- When you arrive at level 2 for the disguise, remember NOT to pursue the guard going in the opposite direction immediately, for there is a third patrol coming directly to your position!
- Mujari claims that he uses non-lethal force unless he is forced to kill in self-defense, but he is armed with an ACR in this mission.
- If the player does not shut off the mini-submarine, Mujari will automatically pursue this objective.
- It is impossible to access the topside deck when the explosion occurs on level 12.
- This level contains a 10,000 armour crate in the area where Mujari starts off. The player can get it using the jump glitch.
- Level 3 is the only level in which the guards do not sound the alert upon seeing the player; and it is also the only level containing zero alarm switches.
- This mission is technically a 'sequel' to the Lorelei mission in Syphon Filter 3, since Gabe first scuttled the ship and the player must now destroy the rig using nukes.
- The sequence where Dr. Jandran dies from the serum is a callback to the original Syphon Filter, where Gabe was told to inject test subjects with a 'vaccine' only to learn later that Markinson was having him kill them.
- The only mission in the game that takes place on the water.