For the similarly named mission, see Red Jack (mission).
Red Jack is a minor antagonist in Syphon Filter Dark Mirror. He appears as the first boss in the game.
Red Jack was a member of the paramilitary terrorist group Red Section. He is one of Red Section's commanders in the Kemsynth facility assault.
A low ranking lieutenant of the Red Section paramilitary outfit, an expert in flammable materials and demolition. Came into the employment of one Grant Morrill under classified circumstances.
Red Section codename designate "Red Jack" was a primary enforcer in the hostile takeover of KemSynth Petroleum's Alaskan facility, alongside the similarly named "Black King". Both men seemed to employ codenames alluding to a deck of cards. Red Jack's duties included quick execution of local security and hostage control. Seemed to be the second-in-command to the KemSynth Petroleum assault.
Red Jack was assigned directly to execute Agency Director Gabriel Logan, who was able to issue a field DPE order and detonate the flamethrower he was wearing. Identification likelihood is nil, given the nature of his death -- Red Jack remains a John Doe.
A real rip-off from Anton Girdeaux. This guy will bring back fond memories of the original Syphon Filter. What's missing is the taunting that the Frenchman dished out to Gabe, which is being replaced by Logan's 'interrogation'. For the record, the latter sucks compared to Anton's comments.
There are a few ways to go about defeating Red Jack. As one might expect, body shots are useless and he can even cast lethal headshots aside due to his heavy armour. Just like Girdeaux, you have to aim for his backpack.
- If you like to do so, sprint back to the turret you used earlier and spray him with bullets, aiming for his fuel tank.
- An alternative method is to sprint to the area with Jack Miller's body and shimmy across the pipe. From here, you can move back as much as possible and use the Spectre's burst fire to gun down the enemy.
- Another way to defeat him is to use the upper platforms to your advantage, since he cannot climb up ladders.
- His character is a reflection of Anton Girdeaux, both being armed with flamethrowers and suits immune to normal attacks.
- This fact is also mentioned by Gabe in the briefing for the next mission, claiming that Red Jack reminded him of Girdeaux.