Should you have the neck snap ability, this mission's first part will be immensely simplified. Otherwise, stick to the Stun Jack or the knife (the latter being useful only if your reflexes are very fast).
You have 5 minutes to neutralise the security threat when this level begins. Wait for a few seconds and a moving guard will approach you. Move aside and he'll go to the stairs. Get behind him when he stops and break his neck, or zap him. A throat slit will instantly kill him with the combat blade. Move up and wait for the guards to separate before you kill them. Remember to always hide your weapon if you don't have the neck snap or if you prefer not to use it.
The tricky part is on the last guard. He's watching security cameras, so wait for him to be distracted before you silently jump down. Drop him and acquire your weapons. Hit the switch on the door to open it, and head back upstairs. Kick open the double doors, and go to the balcony.
This part is rather easy, and will remind you of light gun games (Time Crisis being an example). You just have to protect Zohar from enemy patrols. You will need a good weapon with a ton of ammo. Remember: an assault rifle or carbine will lock on faster than a sniper. You don't want to waste time zooming in and out because Zohar has 100% HP and is injured 10% if he draws too much gunfire. If his health hits 0%, the mission fails.
Zohar will search the place for a while, so shoot the guards who threaten him. You must also be aware of enemies climbing to your platform and try to stay alive - the more often you die, the higher the chance that Zohar will succumb himself. Eventually, he'll head to your position, which makes things even easier. Stay on the balcony and hold your position, killing guards as they appear.
After a long battle, the helicopter will drop down. You need to jump to it. Make sure you get a good running start and are running straight when you make the jump. Not enough starting room or turns will prevent you from jumping.
- This is possibly the easiest mission to achieve par off-line.
- This stage possibly has the smallest map.
- It is possible to destroy the SCUD missile without a teammate.
- This is so far the first and only mission in The Omega Strain, beside bonus missions, where failing an objective will trigger entire mission failure.
- The player must wait for approximately 20 seconds at the mission start to allow the patrolling guard on the first level to enter the stairwell. However, one can cause him to go to the stairs much earlier if the character goes towards the man and stands in his path.
- It is possible to rake in a potentially inordinate amount of grenade kills. When playing this online, the player will need to have a teammate covering Zohar while the first person tosses Sarin grenades at the platform above the palace walkway (this area being opposite to the SCUD missile).
- Even if Zohar was killed during the mission, the ending cutscene shows that he is still alive, possibly for storyline reasons.